Want to be among our amazing vendors?
VENDOR INFORMATION AND REGULATIONS
Thank you for your interest in Backroads Market!
- The site is at the Lock & Dam Historical Park on the banks of Ohio River in beautiful Leavenworth, Indiana
- Booths will be located along the river next to the old pumphouse
- Throughout the Market we will have live music and entertainment and several amazing food vendors
- There will be a $2 admission per shopper to the show
44 Historic Park
Leavenworth, IN 47137
- You can search Backroads Market on Google Maps to find directions
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to be a merchandise vendor please complete and submit our Backroads Market Application by September 1, 2018.
If you are applying later than September 1, 2018, there will be a $25 late fee added to your booth fee.
To apply to be a food vendor please complete and submit our Food Vendor Application.
To apply to be an alcohol vendor, please complete and submit our Alcohol Vendor Application.
Questions? Email us at Backroadsmarketindiana@gmail.com
- Although not required, we strongly suggest the use of tent sides as a wind barrier during the event. Remember, we are right on the river, and can’t predict wind.
- Vendors are expected to have their booths styled in an attractive manner. Merchandise must be displayed in a way that looks pleasing and inviting.
- Please note this is a juried show. Set-up and display are important. We will be visiting your social media sites for photos of your previous or current selling experiences.
- If you have not sold at a show before, please do not hesitate to apply. We love to help makers launch their businesses.
- NOTE: This is not a flea-market type show. Vendors MUST have at least one representative in their booth at all times. If you will need relief for lunch, bathroom breaks, etc., please bring an assistant with you or ask one of the event hosts; we’re happy to help.
- Each vendor will be provided with two identification badges that will need to be worn at all times. It will need to be worn to have gate access for set-up and during the show.
SHOW DATE & HOURS
October 6 10a.m.-4p.m. Early bird hours are 9-10 am. Please note, this is an outdoor venue. Please prepare accordingly for inclement weather, the show will be held rain or shine.
- The Market is looking for vintage, repurposed, handmade artisan, antiques, and boutique vendors
- We are looking for unique, current, and interesting items that our customers would be happy to see for sale at the show
- Flea Market and direct sales items will not be allowed
- We may ask you to remove items from your booth that we feel do not fit the Market atmosphere
- Most booth spaces are on a grassy field.
- A tent is REQUIRED for shade, presentation, and in case of rain
- Tent MUST be staked in the ground
- Booth Spaces are 10×10, 10×20, and 10×30.
- Vendors are expected to keep their booth free of trip-hazards Please stay within your allotted space and keep an aisle that is clear of merchandise for everyone’s safety.
- Vendors are NOT allowed to share a booth space unless approved during application process. Additional fees may apply
NOT following these guidelines may result in additional fees or being asked to leave
- Electricity is available at Backroads Market for FOOD VENDORS ONLY, but vendors may bring generators to use
- We request generators NOT be overly loud as we will have live music and do not want it to be drowned out by generators
10×10 booth space $80
10×20 booth space $115
10×30 booth space $145
Food Vendors $80
Alcohol Vendors $100
- If approved to be a vendor, you will receive a Paypal invoice via email
- You will have until September 1st to pay your vendor fee. If not paid by the due date, you may be charged a $25 late fee and/or your space may be offered to another applicant
All payments are non-refundable, so before you commit, be certain you are able to attend
SHOW SET UP Friday October 5, 5-9 pm
All vendors MUST be set up and ready to sell by 8:30 am on Saturday
Gates will open promptly at 9 am Friday and 10 a.m. Saturday
- ALL PRODUCT VENDOR VEHICLES must be removed from Market area and relocated to the vendor parking area NO LATER THAN AN HOUR PRIOR to gate opening.
- THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. If you do not remove your vehicle from the festival site, you will not be asked back to the Market and you may even be asked to leave the event.
- Our goal is to create a lovely atmosphere for shoppers, and vehicles onsite oppose that aim.
- Shoppers may see your vehicle onsite and think it’s okay to drive through the site, which will endanger festival goers.
- Vendors MUST STAY OPEN until the close of the Market at 4:00 pm. If your booth shuts down early you will not be invited back to future events
- We understand there are some emergency circumstances in which a vendor may need to leave an event early. We will take that into consideration if you let us know the circumstances
- Vehicles will be allowed in the Market area for breakdown after closing
- One-day liability insurance policies are usually available through an existing Homeowners or Business insurance policy for a very low cost
- Backroads Market and the town of Leavenworth, Indiana are NOT responsible for any losses, damage, and/or injury that takes place within your booth space. PLEASE keep all aisles clear and safe
- Vendors are responsible for any applicable local and state taxes
Security will be provided on Friday night, but please secure your merchandise and protect from weather.